Well, from the title you know that it's time to go. Now. But I can't. I have to acutally wait for a plane. I've been packed since Saturday and trying to squeeze extras into my luggage.
Andy is making me crazy because he won't pack until tommorrow night. He thinks its important for him to have clothes to wear to work. It has been really cold and he's taking all the same cold stuff to Russia. He says he's been breaking it in. Oh, well.
Things are much better for me today because yesterday we FINALLY got our visas by Fedex. It was such a relief.
Reallly busy at work fortunately, so I don't have to think so much when I'm there. It's when we get home that it's so hard somewhat.
We've arranged for a doctor who is going to meet us when we go to the Orphanage. Many of the other families with CSS have used him and he's very reputable. We've also given him an assessment form provided to us by the International Adoption Clinic. They IAC is one of the few in the southeast and we're so blessed they are in town.
We have to make some tough decisions next week when we receive the referral. We've registered for a child under the age of 18 months with minor medical conditions. What that means is yet to be determined. Because it's a blind referral, we don't know anything in advance and so we're going to have to rely on our doctor, common sense, our hearts, and some strong prayer to know that this is the child for us. We need all the prayer that we can get.
I've loved seeing the comments from everyone so far. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. Love to all of you.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

A friend just pointed me toward you blog. What an exciting time for you! I live in St. P and am happy to offer any help (though I don't know what that would be) I can. I look forward to delving into your archives and following your story!
ReplyDelete