Hello Family/Friends. We thank you all for your best wishes and we honestly couldn't be happier. Andy is actually going to get on here a little later and do his own blogging so I'm just going to tell a bit more from my side.
Monday we went the the CSS office here in Moscow to meet the Moscow represenative for the first time. She is very loving lady and no nonsense. I love all of the staff in Moscow is just as awesome as what we've been working with stateside. We were told to make sure that we don't "get upset", over react, and don't pay attention to the pictures. Listen to them. Our guide was also fantastic and helped us so much.
For those of you following our blog about to get into the adoption process yourself, the agency told us to get educated about things in international adoption. Reading, going to the International Adoption Clinic Seminar, online workshops, etc. All these things make you have the knowledge you need to make good decisions. Also, we get our own independent medical assessment of the children. We used Dr. M like a lot of CSS families, though I had the Internationl Adoption Clinic as backup if I needed them. The situation with the first child, we knew fairly quickly after being there that it wasn't going to work for us. I won't go into a lot of details for a lot of reasons, but knowing what I knew ahead of time and having a medical assessment from a competent medical professional made all the difference.
Once we met Alina it was also obvious, but we still had her examined as well because you can't jump into a life altering decision without knowing what you are getting into. It's best for the children and yourself.
I know it's hard to make such decisions because i just did it, but when it's the right child you know it. We met with her for about 3 minutes and held her. We were pretty much sold instantly, no matter what.
I can't beleive this WE HAVE A DAUGHTER!! The grandparents of course were all choked up and sniveling over the phone (yes even you Daddy I heard it). We've sent them pictures, but we cannot post anything about her photowise online until she's legally ours in March/April when we come back and have court and then wait out the 10 days.
I'll type somemore tonight, but I have to go get ready and eat some breakfast. Andy's blogging next.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

wishing you and your new DAUGHTER all joy!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your new addition! Last year we were also in Tania's VERY capable hands and we LOVE HER STILL!! Please tell her Hello from Eric, Michelle, & Caden and I hope she received the pictures we sent!! Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to see pics of Tanya & Svetlana! I wouldn't exactly say that our stays in Moscow last year were "fun," but reading about your adventures has stirred up some strong nostalgia. Even with the miserable cold, insane traffic, language issues, and long, long days, I almost wish I could go back. Crazy, huh?
ReplyDeleteSo happy that you guys finally have your baby girl! Congrats!
Wendy and I just read through the whole blog - we are so excited! Praise the Lord! First He gave each of you new life when you were spiritually dead, now He is giving you a LIFE!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing you soon!