Today was a fun, crazy but sad day. We got out and met with our guide to start the day. We went to the agency to leave a few things over from this trip for next trip. Then we went to the Notary agent to legally sign the documents for court formally requesting adoption and removal of Alina from the Russian registry.
Nothing is final with everything until we come back in March sometime for court and they officially declare her our adopted daughter. Then we have a 10 day waiting period, which is true of all Russian court cases no matter what type, and then we can take Alina into our permanent custody. We will have a chance to see her a few times around court time, but they don't really encourage it becuase it disrupts the children because they get visited by strangers and then left again.
I'm hoping that I can stay during the 10 day wait which would allow for possibly one more visit. We have to balance the expense of Moscow which is pretty outrageous with the expenses of flying. Depends upon how much notice we get and when we are coming. That would mean 3 weeks+ time in Moscow. It's unknown right now if Andy can come for the entire period. If things fall good with Spring Break, he would automatically have a week off. He's considering flying home after court and then coming back. If tickets are inexpensive still then I might also, but if not then I would prefer to stay here until all is done.
I was fine until today when we said goodbye to her for the last time this trip. So I'm refocusing on decorating a room, getting furniture, baby clothes, how to fed/slash change diapers, picking a pediatrician, followup with the medical issues through the International Adoption Clinic, etc etc. Those of you who have offered your children for my diaper changing practice, thank you so much...I think!
We enough gloom. I'm so excited about tommorrow...I get to see the court and meet with doctors who will pick apart my medical history and my brain. I love you all and thanks for the wonderful and supportive comments and emails.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, I am holding you in my prayers in this time..it has to be difficult walking away, and I pray that the time will move quickly and that you'll back soon to get things finalized. Good luck getting things tied up there and Godspeed on your travels home!
ReplyDeleteThat's a tough goodbye on the last day. Hang in there...you will be so busy between now and your court date that it will pass quickly! We had the same delimia about whether to stay there the 10 days and in the end decided it was more cost effective to stay plus it was really the only free time we had to explore the city.
ReplyDeleteI know that all things will work together and you'll have your new little addition before you know it. I hope all goes well. Both you and Andy have gotten through the hardest part. We all look forward to your speedy and quick return.
ReplyDeleteErica