Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's A Girl!

We were blessed with a beautiful little girl today.

Her name is Alina Faye. She's 9 1/2 months old and looks like a little elf. She has black hair and black almond eyes. She's half Russian and has Asian heritage. She is such a serious little girl until you give her kisses and she kisses right back.

After all the emailing on Monday we went to the Ministry of Education, unfortunately the youngster we met had some medical issues that would be beyond our resources to help so we had to decline. We returned the next day to the MOE and received our 2nd referral.

The represenatives in Moscow were such wonderful support during everything.

It is SUPER late and my daughter awaits me in the morning, so I'm keeping this one short.

Love to all.

10 comments:

  1. I'm am so so so excited for you I am in tears! God is so wonderful, isn't He? Your little girl will be right between my little girls in age. They should be best of friends! So sorry about your experience Monday, but proud of your courage and wisdom. Have a wonderful week and please keep blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaaay...How exciting. I love the name Alina. I am soo excited for you. God is soo good. I can't wait to see her. And I know the Sunday School class can't wait to see her. We all will just be in awe when you bring her. Thanks for sharing. She is going to love the lady bug :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you! She sounds beautiful -enjoy the rest of the week with your daughter. Sorry things did not work out on Monday, but as I am sure you now know...the child that was meant for you has found you and vice versa. Looking forward to hearing more about your week. This is the same week (one year ago) that we were in Moscow meeting our son, so I have special memories of this particular time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! May God bless your precious daughter!!! I am so happy for her and for you and Andy. May God richly bless your family!!! Sylvia Huang

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOO HOO! Happy dancing here for you guys! So glad that things worked so well and that you found such a sweetie. Our prayers for you that things go super well for the rest of your 1st trip. Yay! Yay! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!!!!! Congratulations!! I'm so very happy for you! She sounds like quite the beauty with the black hair and almond shaped eyes. Enjoy the rest of your time with her!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stayce can you email me at staylor602@hotmail.com? I can't find your email address and yahoo groups cuts the end off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATULATIONS ....:D
    YAY...i am so happy for u guys..and she is a lucky little girl to have parents like you..She is really blessed..Take a lot of pictures...I want to see it all..Loads of love..
    Shveta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andy & Stayce I am so excited for all three of you! Isn't God so good! You got two things that seemed very unlikely: a girl and under 1 year! I hope the remainder of your trip goes well and you have safe travel back to the States. And oh my - we've got to load you up with bunches of pink stuff when you get back!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete