Well, we're packing and about to go to bed. So does the computer so there won't be anymore news for a day or so. We're headed home tommorrow.
We went by court today and dropped off our registration paperwork with them to process our adoption request. This was cool because we were able to see the Courthouse. A very imposing and new building. The courtroom where we will be going was actually pretty small and intimate which suprised me. I expected a great big room with a looming judge.
Pretty much about 100 aquare feet with a maximum of about 10 seating areas. You'll face the judge and there's room for a few in the gallery, but that's about it.
Today we passed our physicals...it was easy but lots of sitting and waiting in a Soviet era hospital.
We had a scare with our photos becuase my photo card from the camera yesterday wasn't working, but we figured it out and have about 4 more good photos. The rest were blurry. We bought a camcorder, but we should have bought a newer camera as well. Mine is too slow and tired to work right. We missed smiles because it was too slow to click. Make sure you have a good one, that's for sure.
Well love to all and Dasvedanya (I'm sure I spelled it wrong) to Moscow.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Stacye,
ReplyDeleteHave a safe trip. Welcome back. :)
Zhen
Safe journey!
ReplyDeleteWould love to hear all about your doctor experience when you're home. I've heard some crazy stories...
Wendy and I just read through the whole blog - we are so excited about Alina! We know that you both will be great parents!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing you and hearing all about it!
Mark and Wendy
Happy day dreams about that beautiful daughter!
ReplyDeleteHazel
I just read about your week in Russia. It brings back so many memories, as we had very similar circumstances. We have been home 6 months now and the improvement Andrew is making is amazing. I hope the days go quickly and that March is here soon!
ReplyDeleteChrista
I also found the Moscow region courtroom in Solnechnogorsk to be much smaller and less intimidating than any I've seen here in America.
ReplyDeleteOur judge was very businesslike, but not in a harsh way. She seemed to understand that we were incredibly nervous, tried to just move things along efficiently, and she warmed up quite a bit towards the end.