Saturday, February 7, 2009

Oh so real!

Well it was a busy week this week getting back to work. Andy's been buried under school work and I had lots of paperwork and emails to catch up on. I had to get a lot of paperwork together in order to send it off to be Apostilled. In our state, a state certification of a notary (Apostille) only costs $5.00 per page. For other states I was horrified to hear they charge up to $20.00 per page. That would break the bank, but that's what it takes to get U.S. documents accepted abroad.

I had to get my FBI finger prints and Local Criminal Background check. Apparently Andy and I aren't criminals and have no warrants according to the FBI and the local police department. Had to update some licensing information and a few other peices of paper. So I mailed off my last Apostilling paperwork and the Secretary of State is forwarding it to agency.

Today some of our friends gave us a crib that they had used for their son. We put it into the room and my mother-in-law brought a rocker that had belonged to her father. The room is so tiny that the rocker is almost in the middle of the room...but it's comfortable and necessary. I brought a comforter that has pink flowers with yellow centers and has cute ladybugs all over the place. We're starting to put the room together. It's so exciting. I love how the room is starting to feel and it makes it so real that we're waiting for our little girl.

Week 1 down...hopefully can go soon soon soon.

We've been getting the sweetest calls and emails from family and friends. They are so excited for us. It's been a blessing to know that much love and support is out there. Please keep praying for Alina. It keeps me content knowing that God is looking out for her and she will be safe and waiting for us when we get back.

1 comment:

  1. Please post some pix of Alina's room when you get things sorted. The ladybugs sound precious!

    ReplyDelete