Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cute, cute, cute!

I saw on some comments someone wanted to know which Peace Travel apartment we're staying at. It's called the Ambassador's residence. Also, what did I get in the shower today?



Well today was the first baby shower that I'm having. I made my mother-in-law (MeMaw) come with me so we had grandmother representation. I had another one of those reality hits when someone hands you a bag and it's got cute pink dresses and onesie's in it. I've been trying to put the room together to at least make it look like we have something done for court. Two of my friends gave me the rug I registered for and the ladybug lamp. I had only seen them online and they fit the room SOO perfectly. Once I get everythign sorted out I'll post some pictures of the room.

I got two of the sweetest crib blankests. One is a twisting pattern with exactly the colors of the crib sets. The other is the softest blanket with lady bugs and dragonflies. That one is going on the twin bed to tie the room colors together. I found a bedspread that's lavendar on one side and pink on the other. I used the lavender because it tones down the pink a bit.

We got one of the car seats and the high chair from Andy's aunt and uncle a few days ago through Walmart. The highchair is great. We have a VERY small house and it folds up so it doesn't take up so much room when we don't need it. I had registered for a pack and play, but then a friend gave us her old one. So I've taken them off my registry as I'm getting things from outside.




One of my totally favorite things is this humpty dumpty looking lop eared bunny that a friends husband picked out. Totally cute... and so many sweet and soft teddy bears, bunnies, and animals. We're going to be buried under stuffed animals I'm afraid. Who can resist.

I got some more outfits including a few for little bit older ages for her. Got lots of socks, washcloths, and bibs. Can never have too many of any of these things.

Memaw (Midge) gave me a new testament bible with Alina's name embossed on it.

So from a few weeks ago when we had very little...we are now exploding with pink, fuzzy, cutesy, lady buggy...stuff of all kinds. I'm loving it :) Thanks to all.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I need to know where you're registered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby showers are such fun. Sounds like you got a lot of good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you had so much fun! You will definitely have to post pictures so we can see all the fun and girly pink things you have for the room.

    ReplyDelete