Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back to Work

Well, I'm back at work again. Seems almost like a dream that we even met Alina. But then I look at her picture. Andy has already picked a nickname for her. They are always such attractive ones. She's called 'pussface'...because when she concentrates or is concerned (most of the time) she puckers up. He'll say...where's a picture of Pussface...it's cute because I know he's already so enamoured of her.

Well, from this point we're working on paperwork. I'm delighted that my FBI fingerprints that I mailed off the week before we left came back. Thank you FBI. Very quick.

We also have to update a few other pieces of paper and then get a Local Criminal Background check. They want to thoroughly know you aren't a criminal.

This weekend we're getting a crib from friends and we're going to start working on the room. I deliberately didn't start that process until I knew we had a match because I didn't want this room screaming at me that you are getting a child if we really weren't.

The grandmothers are going nuts. The clothing that is being purchased will probably be in mass quantities (not that we have anything yet so its great), but I think its hysterical that everything seems to be pink. They apparently like pink. My daughter is definately going to be frilly.

Love to all.

5 comments:

  1. All the pictures of "Pussface" are going to get you through the next few weeks until you have your court date.

    Love that the grandmothers are doing so much shopping.

    We didn't do a nursery until we travelled as well. We wanted to know who we were decorating it for; boy or girl. Enjoy getting it ready and before you know it, you'll be saying that you can't believe you are leaving for court and you need more time to get ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stac...Please get your daughter to UAB so that we can all see her...:D..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stac...Get Alina to UAB(on-campus) atleast once so tht we can all see her..u prolly wud never have any problem with babysitting..u'll have tonnes of students who 'd be more than happy just to have her around..:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shveta is right! How you have described Alina, it reminds me of the disney character from Monsters Inc. I wanna call her Boo because of that. I am so excited for you, Andy and the grannies and grampies! After February I can help you decorate...but I think that will be too late (all that energy of waiting for your court day in Russia will fuel all the decorations in the weeks to come...)Me and my parents are going to try to provide Alina with at least one guatemalan item and we would love to meet her if she is here by April
    *rushes to Hobby Lobby to find a cute item to craft for Alina*
    SO EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell she is going to be Daddys little Princess. We are going to have to throw some Crimson Red in this mix. Even though I love pink. Every Princess needs Crimson :)

    ReplyDelete