Sunday, March 8, 2009

We're here!

Well...okay, I'm sorry I haven't blogged this week but we have been soon busy getting ready to go and wrapping up work that its been nutso.

First things first. We're in Moscow now. We went directly to the orphanage this afternoon and saw Alina. She's doing great and has 5 more teeth. She only had two when we left. She's already a little bigger, but for the most part we didn't miss a whole lot more of her life....except for the new teeth. She's also pulling up where before it was just an attempt...so she's going to be walking very soon. Grandparents...pay attention...you're going to have to start the childproofing on the cabinets soon.

Well...that's the best news but I'm going to go back and catch you up with our week.

After last Sunday, I went back to my orthopedic doctor on Tuesday. He said that I had a tear in my cartiledge and I could stay off the crutches. He recommended that I take them with me in case I did some more damage. Which considering how slushy and icy it is right now...no telling. He also offered a wheelchair which would have been almost impossible and almost laughable. Not the most handicap friendly town you have ever seen. They have had regular snow since we've been gone and there is at least 2 feet on the ground... lots of it slushy. I need hazard pay.

I bought the coolest retractable hiking cane from a hiking store and it's a great help when my leg is getting tired...like today. After flying/traveling for 12 hours we went straight to the orphanage....tired is not the work. Exhausted is. I had a nap and that's why I've got the energy to blog. Then I'm going to bed bed for real.

We're staying at the Holiday Inn just outside the Garden ring and it's very comfortable with an English speaking staff.

Anyhow, after the drama with my leg for the most part we've spent the week getting ready as much as we could and getting work stuff ready for our absence.

Back to Alina. She was so scared when they first brought her out to us, but after about 30 minutes she started to relax. We got to bottle feed her and then we switched from a lobby area to the play room. Then she started to relax for real and we got a few laughs and giggles out of her. I think she remembered playing there with us in January, but Andy doesn't think so. I don't think she would have relaxed as much if she didn't. But we will never know.

We go to see her again tommorrow (yeah!) and then we have court on Tuesday.

We will probably see her one more time this week and then a few times next week before we pick her up for good on the 23rd.

Well...I'll update more tommorrow.

Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that you're safely there---what craziness before!
    Prayers that everything goes well in the next couple of days and then with court--be safe!

    ReplyDelete